Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Documents Box




I needed a place to put away all the papers and documents I've gathered in a kitchen drawer, so away to IKEA I ran, and bought some nice paperboard boxes. This first one is a Kassett for documents, which I started with painting in dark brown, then added crackling medium and so a coat of MM Shopping Bag. I need to work a bit on my painting, this didn't turn out sooooooo good at all places - you have to be fast because the crackling starts immediately. After it had dried I dressed it with Basic Grey papers, added some Prima Daisies, bling flowers, a metal butterfly, dried leaf, ribbon, brads and the sides are stamped and embossed.
I learned a lot on crackling from this project - and it sure was fun to do! Now I have some more boxes to alter, as they come in packages of two, and they will also have this crackled paint...

No comments: